Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rescuing Chihuahuas

Update: Praise God, my friend Pam, from Martinsville, is taking the female. She will have the best home ever. Even better than mine. I can't part with the male since he looks so much like my Tippy. So I hope my zoo is complete, no more, no less.


We were hoping to get a relative of Tippy's in a litter. A little girl called Chancey, for 2nd chance with Tippy. The litter had 5 and we visited once a week. What a mess. The pups were so flea bitten that 2 had died. I've never seen anything so bad. So at 5 wks and 2 days, we brought the rest of the litter home. One died before I could get a can of carnation milk open and get it to the pup. I found a tulip bulb and we named her Tulip and buried the bulb with her. We worked really hard on the other 2. Female Chancey and male Mr. Lucky. We bathed and bathed them in flea shampoo and put flea stuff on them. They are too young but we had nothing to lose. They were healthy pups but the conditions they were in were appalling. They are tiny but starting to play and bark. I think they will make it just fine now. We are still working on fleas. No one should raise dogs in conditions that these were in. I didn't intend to have 2 more pups but they needed to be saved.
For you who haven't seen my in a while, I look really old. I have the gastric bypass 'crinkly skin' thing going on on my face. Oh well, I am so much healthier, take almost no medication, and have had a wonderful summer working in my flower beds. Hey, I painted my house this summer too by myself. I hadn't intended to do that but I looked one day, and oh my, our cedar was dried out and faded. I stained my decks, and pond docks, too. So, life is good. I look like a person who was a puffed up grape and turned into a raisin, ha.
Larry and the pups right after we got them.

Holding my 2 white rats.
Me and my 3 babies, Chancey, Mr. Lucky, and baby Tooee. They are 7 wks apart.

Rainy Grace for Pam

Rainy Grace looking around the first evening

No comments:

Post a Comment